One of my absolute favorite go to recipes whenever I feel like indulging in a seemingly rather expensive meal, or you know, stray from my attempt at eating solely plant-based. Either way, this is the perfect dish to impress not only your guests but your taste buds!
- Chicken Breast
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Heavy Cream (Whipping Cream, whatever you want to call it)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
Give yourself a few hours prior to cooking to allow your chicken to marinate. Trust me, it’s worth the prep work and if anything you’ll already be a few steps ahead when it comes time to cook.
Marinade Your Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 or 3 Sprigs of Rosemary (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well. Marinade should be enough for about 4 to 6 chicken breasts depending on the size. Refrigerate marinated chicken for 4-6 hours before cooking.
Once your chicken has sat in the marinade for a few hours it is time to cook! Using preferably a cast iron, oil your pan generously with olive oil to prevent sticking and cook the chicken for 8 minutes on each side, remove from pan and set aside.
Using the same cast iron that you used to cook the chicken mix in the following ingredients:
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced); Stir in until fragrant.
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Once tomatoes are starting to burst and cook add in a handful of baby spinach (or as much as you’d like)!
- Stir in 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- Add In 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan
- Return the chicken back onto the skillet, garnish with some rosemary and let it cook over medium heat for another eight minutes.
Serve with my absolute favorite rosemary garlic potatoes and some veggies of your choice. I had mine with some steamed asparagus last night and paired it with some red wine. The creaminess and herbiness of the chicken is just delicious, of course I recommend. It’s also super easy to make!